Advantages of NeoGraft®
While many facilities offering hair transplant surgery continue to use the strip method, at La Jolla Hair Surgery Center we specialize in micro follicular unit extraction (FUE) hair transplant with NeoGraft®. Our San Diego County patients receive a variety of benefits from this minimally invasive, state-of-the-art hair restoration procedure.
To find out if NeoGraft is right for you, request a consultation with triple board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Richard Chaffoo or call La Jolla Hair Surgery Center at
How It Works
While manual FUE hair restoration offers advantages over the strip method, NeoGraft takes FUE to the next level. With the NeoGraft system, hair is harvested from the donor site in tiny natural groupings of 1 to 4 hairs, called follicular units. The automated NeoGraft device gently rotates around the follicular unit to create a graft. It then automatically extracts the graft using controlled, gentle, pneumatic pressure (suction). The graft is then deposited in a sterile container where it is kept moist until harvesting is complete.
Once enough grafts are harvested, they are implanted where needed into the scalp according to Dr. Chaffoo's meticulously crafted hair-restoration plan. The gentle and sterile NeoGraft harvesting process produces high-quality donor grafts, the majority of which successfully integrate with the scalp and grow after being implanted.
Why Choose La Jolla Hair Surgery Center
Our hair restoration practice stands out for its excellent results and track record of satisfied patients. Here are some of the factors that set us apart:
Why Choose NeoGraft?
Micro FUE with NeoGraft is performed as an outpatient procedure in our comfortable facility that was custom-designed for hair restoration surgery. This innovative system provides several advantages over the traditional strip method including:
- No linear incision in the donor area
- No stitches
- Little to no pain after surgery
- Reduced complications such as a feeling of tightness or numbness in the donor area
- Quick recovery - patients often return to work the next day and workouts within a few days
- Inconspicuous donor site because there is no linear scar on the scalp
- Donor area may be used again if future transplants are desired
In addition to restoring hair to areas that are bald or thinning, NeoGraft can be used to transplant hair to scars caused by previous strip hair restoration procedures.
"After doing my research into hair restoration, there was no reason for me to consider anything else but the NeoGraft way.
...It just made sense." — Dan R. (read more)
Why Choose Dr. Chaffoo?
While the number of facilities offering NeoGraft is rapidly increasing, Dr. Chaffoo offers a unique combination of credentials possessed by no other doctor in the area, including:
- Triple board-certification: plastic surgery, facial plastic and reconstructive surgery, and otolaryngology
- Almost 30 years of experience performing hair transplant surgery and cosmetic surgery of the face and head
- Attention to aesthetics and a refined understanding of natural hair-growth patterns
In addition to being operated under the direction of Dr. Chaffoo, La Jolla Hair Surgery Center offers patients many other benefits. Visit our Why Choose La Jolla Hair Surgery Center page to learn more.